Friday, July 31, 2009

x 2




"A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of Nature." (R.W.Emerson). I certainly saw a lot of that masterpiece as my friends helped me to celebrate a significant birthday. A wonderful time around the beautiful table of Lydia Grace made me feel very special, but to be totally surprised the next night with the menfolk included, after a particularly stressful day at work, well that was just the "icing on the cake." (Pun intended.) It made me realize two things: This must be a really big birthday, but more, how very blessed I am with the richness of these "masterpieces of nature." Truly.

2 comments:

  1. I got here late, but still wish you a wonderfully happy birthday. :) (spent yesterday monkeying around with my laptop---which blew a gasket!)

    Your dinner, here, looks absolutely elegant. What a wonderful gift. Your friends are the best, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM, yum~~~ we had shrimp and flounder that night! You know we missed celebrating with you too!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...