Thursday, July 30, 2009

numbers

This move to a new decade just might be the hardest to date. All the fast and furious changes in the world today--those things that catch my breath, sober me, and are getting harder to keep up with ... Well, turning over my odometer to another decade seems to certify that yes, I am getting older, (to season that concept with grace), and, yes, changes do come.

I think of an essay I read by a gracefully aging woman who commented that she had reached the age that, should death come calling, there would be no gasps of "she died an untimely death" but rather, "she lived a good life, bless her heart."

Taking stock, I'm thankful I feel young, am healthy, and have lots of energy. I like to try new things and I enjoy a challenge. I'm thankful for my wonderful friends of all ages, near and far (some of whom gave me a birthday tea!), and for my wonderful family, near and far. I'm grateful I still have a mom to talk things over with. I'm thankful for the Gardener, a soul mate who smiles at my idiosyncrasies. And, life would not be bearable without the Comforter, my Heavenly Father, who abounds me with mercy and grace.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Dotsie! What a blessing to have such good friends to celebrate with.
    Birthday hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...