Tuesday, July 14, 2009

sweetness and spice



We giggled like young girls as we aimed the camera for a self-timed photo of the four of us. We kept trying to get it right--so we all had our eyelids up high enough and our smiles right, lined up just like a picture of us years ago. In our silliness it came to me that there is great comfort in old friends. We go back years to when our children were small and we met to study the Bible. We've continued to stay in touch, meeting at least once a year at Christmas. Such sweetness to come together again for lunch with our favorite chef, B, who makes such delectable food. The spices are blended to perfection, and it all looks so beautiful. We sit and savor, taking it all in slowly, feeling a bit like royalty as we eat at her table.

4 comments:

  1. Lydia grace2:47 PM

    So, are you going to show the photo? I'm sure you all had a great time..Everything looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like getting together with old friends. I know you enjoyed every minute. I am going up to Canada next weekend and going to see a group of friends that I've known since I was 7 years old and now we are all in our 60s!
    Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to get together with old friends.
    Cute post about your little granddaughter and Amen!
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can think of to say is, "Yum!"

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...