Tuesday, July 21, 2009

almost sweater weather

It hardly seems possible that we are having the weather that we are here in the south. Cool, dry air is something to take note of. I don't remember such a treat in previous, blistering hot summers. So refreshing to open up in the morning and let cool air in.
And in the evenings to read on the porch, listening to the night sounds of crickets, bats, and neighbors softly talking. I almost reached for a sweater last night. The weather won't last, but we surely celebrate this gift from God while we have it!

6 comments:

  1. We are experiencing the same thing here, I LOVE it!! And I absolutely adore your string of lanterns on your porch, makes it so homey! I must come over next time I'm in town just to sit out there.=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your porch party lights too. :) And we're enjoying the cool air as well. It's rained, this afternoon, and if a person didn't know better, they'd figure it was Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those lights! And yes, it feels like New England here in the South.
    Now have you had soup?

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice. I wish it would work its way down to Florida land. I wonder if Al Gore is having second thoughts. Not in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, I miss your porch and the cul-de-sac!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sweater?!!! It's a heat wave here!
    blessings to you,
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...