Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Splendid Ideas



Paper and pen must always be at hand when one loves to write. I believe you can never have enough journals. I have one for books I read (comments and quotes), one for quotes in general, one about my dad's last days, one about stories my mother tells me of her childhood, one about life in general and what God is teaching me, one about household things, one about Little One's sayings, and one in my purse for those thoughts that come and should not be forgotten (at least from my perspective.)

And yesterday, a friend who I had not seen in awhile brought me another one. It might be the most beautiful yet. A Jane A*sten journal! Plenty of space to write, but also dotted with Jane's own quotes on life! Such fun this will be, and such a thing of beauty. Every part (cover, inside cover, pages, illustrations, quotes) is exquisite. This young friend knows me well. Thank you!

And a quote from the journal: "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a person in possession of many splendid ideas must be in want of the perfect place to write."

1 comment:

  1. Definitely the prettiest journal I've ever seen. Was it hard to write the first word in it...that seems to be the first challenge, to dirty them up! :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...