Sunday, July 19, 2009

A change for the better


When we moved into our home 10 years ago, I painted every room in the house. Of course our bedroom, tucked away in a corner of the house, was the last to consider. I absolutely hated it and would lie in bed at night looking around, trying to figure out how I could transform it. Painting is best done as a "project" when the Gardener is "off site" (as in another part of the world). So such a time arrived and after great thought I figured out how I could do this. I would do one small part at a time. Completely, and then move on. I could move the furniture a few feet on my own. So, I started in one corner (and it's a large room including a large bookcase!) I removed everything in that area, shifting only a few feet which was mostly manageable. I removed the border, patched walls and holes, primed, and painted two coats including the woodwork. When that area was done, I went on to the next. I even packed away the books in boxes! It took me three full days and I felt like I had the flu when I was done. Muscles I didn't know I had, aching like crazy. Then I proceeded to hang up curtain rods and curtains, etc. I'm not sure I'll ever tackle such a tall order on my own again, but this was well worth it! Now when I lie in bed and look around, I feel peace, not angst! For other fun changes, click here.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, the change is so warm and sweet-looking. Border paper like isn't as common anymore is it?

    Well done...love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your spirit!! I had to laugh. My husband says if he leaves home for more than 2 days I either paint something or buy a dog :) It looks great! Enjoyed my first visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bedroom looks gorgeous. I love the color of paint. So pretty. That really does sound like a lot of work, but it is so pretty. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Podso, I think you did good!! I like the results!! Now you can lie in bed happily and dream of the next project...and try a few Advil and a heating pad!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so peaceful looking. I'm sure you enjoyed resting those tired muscles there when you were done!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great! So peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new color! So fresh! Super job! Now, rest and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful! I love the wall color.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a project! It looks lovely now.


    Take care,

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice....Why do we always do our room last ? Cuz , we put everyone else first !
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...