Sunday, March 28, 2010

Swing High



The Swing 



 by Robert Louis Stevenson

"How do you like to go up in a swing?
Up in the air so blue
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!

Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
Rivers and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside-


Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown,
Up in the air I go flying again,
                                                                                                                              Up in the air and down!"



Joining with Little Red House for other Monday Mosaics.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:06 PM

    Those tire swings are the best, aren't they? Cheap fun. Love the Stevenson poem. My father read that and others to us often when we were children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those photos and I wish I were swingin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted one of those tire swings! Looks like so much fun! I think you will like my post today....wondering if you where ever there:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very precious mosaic picture...the swing brings back alot of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is just great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks to be enjoying the swing, such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally wonderful! Thanks for sharing the images and the poem at MM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like so much fun! Lovely mosaic and poem.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorite poets! My boys had a tire swing and spent many summer days soaring above the backyard.

    Thanks for the memories!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...