Tuesday, March 09, 2010

I Love This Old House



I think the more I write this blog, the more my in-the-flesh
friends seem to understand me. That might be because I find writing a story easier than talking one. And when they say to me, "This would make a good blog " ... I know they "get me."


I received an email yesterday from a friend who lives on a beautiful farm out in the country. She started by saying, "This was such a 'Podso blog' moment ..." So, with no further ado, over to my guest blogger, Christine, and a tale about a spring day with her two kiddos:


"It is gorgeous outside. I convince the kids to go on a nature walk through the woods. Reluctantly they agree. We find old bottles, flowers, you name it. The dog chases a huge wild turkey into the air. Never seen that before in my life. We are walking back to the house through the field. Caleb (7) says, 'I love this old house.'  Brenna (8) says, 'Can we have [my school] field trip here?' The kids are calling their bottles treasures. Does it really get any better than that on this side?"


Christine invited the Gardener and me to come enjoy a mini vacation on their farm one day when they were away. It was so restful and just what the "doctor ordered." And I could not resist taking photos, three of which you see here.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:35 AM

    Gorgeous home, and definitely a perfect "Podso blog moment", beautifully shared by Christine!
    :)
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely house, with a real front porch! I'm sure the inside is really fantastic too...maybe not in a glossy magazine way, but in a good, lived-in way. I can imagine it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place. I remember you telling me a couple of times that something was "bloggable!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so kind of your friend to let you use their home. It is beautiful and I can tell just from looking at it that it was a restful place to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of a guest blogger! Nice shared moment.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee, I love this old house too. What fun to have a guest tell a story. It really was a Podso moment! Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, indeed, from a in-the-flesh friend: a wonderful blog story.
    Wonderful farmhouse and it brings a quietness to the soul just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...