Wednesday, March 03, 2010

hysteria on the homefront



"Oh!!! Oh!  _______ ,(fill in the Gardener's real name) come quick! There's something red in the back of the yard."

"It is so bright red. I think it's a carcus, fresh and big, what can it be (being a nurse I know bright red blood is fresh blood)... and the birds are pecking at it."

"Eeee...ish ...what are you going to do with it?" (I now had a mental picture of the Gardener taking a shovel out back to bury the dead.)


By now the gardener was arriving at the window where I was straining for a better view. I know he was prepared to take care of "things."


"My dear," came his gentle reply, "It's a plastic bag."


On another subject, in spite of our incredibly rare March snow yesterday, I noticed signs of spring today outside an upstairs window.

11 comments:

  1. That made me laugh!

    The snow is melting over here at my house. I have sat , well, sort of sat, and gazed upon the white world that is vanishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes things just aren't as they seem! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! You are funny! Today a red cardinal slammed into our dining room window and there he lay outside....bright red on the white snow. Fortunately he revived and was able to fly away. (I saw a sparrow kill itself the same way in the summer.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, but your back garden is is pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gave me a good laugh this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, so glad it wasn't a carcass! Funny! I have seen these maple blossoms too, but not as advanced as yours. My first allergy plant! But I can't wait anyway-the sap is running, maple syrup, crocus will soon follow!
    Happy Spring! Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sun shone all day here. Lovely! I'll be happy to see the now unclean snow melt and maybe reveal some fresh sprouts promising daffodils, tulips and crocus. The red bag story is hilarious. I would have done the same thing! Happy almost spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning
    Isn't it funny what our imaginations can do? I was looking at our trees yesterday noticing the buds too. Hope you have a good day.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Toooo funny! LOL!!! Yes, we are seeing signs of spring here as well! Warmer temps and mud! YaY!

    Thanks for the smile today - hope you have a lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't imaginations something! It makes me think of Diana and Anne going thru the 'haunted wood'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lydia grace9:27 AM

    What a hoot!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...