Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Freezer Food


Over the years I've taken food to friends who need a meal––such as a new mom, a sick friend, a friend who has had a death in the family, or someone just needing a little help . . . . Sometimes others take meals at the same time, so I've thought about the idea of bringing a meal for the freezer to use just when they need it. It's nice to have one in the freezer for us too.

I did a guest post today about this with a recipe at Cheryl's Thinking About Home. Chicken Tortilla Soup. You get all the ingredients ready in a ziplock bag and put it in the freezer. Then it just needs defrosting and heating in a slow cooker for the day. Cheryl is doing a weekly series on slow cooker meals. But her blog is much more than recipes. I love how she shares about her home, family and celebrations. I think you will enjoy her beautiful blog.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Dotsie,

    I visited Cheryl's blog and read your post. I love the sound of this soup, and it's such a good idea to prepare it ahead this way. I've already pinned the recipe to my soup board on Pinterest. :) Thanks for sharing!

    I left a comment on Cheryl's blog, too; I hope you have a great day! Do you think we'll get any snow?

    Hugs,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea! I have never considered assembling soup ingredients to freeze for a later date. Yes, I love Cheryl's blog. It is a true treasure. (A lot like your own!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Chricken Tortilla soup! What a great idea to have all the ingredients put together in the freezer.

    I'll head over to Cheryl's blog and compare recipes!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such a thoughtful person, Ms. Podso! And I love the idea, too, about freezing the soup for later use. I'm hopping over to Cheryl's blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea! I love crockpot recipes. I'll have to look at recipes from now on with the freezer in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to head over to say hi. Thanks Dotsie!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea and the soup sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dotsie, thanks so much for guest posting, for the yummy-sounding recipe, and for the inspiration! I am planning to try your recipe this week...and I am going to make multiples per your inspiration! {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful idea! My daughter-in-law does this often for her friends that are having babies or family problems. I don't know that many people here as yet, but did join a church group that rotates doing this for families in need. I'll look at Cheryl's blog --thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The soup sunds amazing, I adore soups on a cold evening. Thanks for sharing. Your Little one, now the oldest is simply gorgeous too, I can't believe how she's grown in front of our eyes! Cayetana is having so much fun masking me read the lovely comments you all sent her for her b'day! Thank you so much Podsy.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...