Monday, May 31, 2010

missing in action


Something didn't seem right. A sight would catch my eye and when I reached for my camera, it wasn't there. We were at a ball game with Little One and her parents. And I had forgotten my camera.

I'm always one to have it along. But sometimes I think I spend more time capturing the experience on film than actually living it. I guess there's a balance to this as there is in all things. I am grateful for the many photos I have on my computer and on cds and in print, as they help me remember life events, and help others remember too. So I guess I provide a service, of sorts, for our family and friends.

The day was atrociously hot and humid and our seats had the sun at full blaze. We eventually moved to some shade and there was much for Little One to look at and talk about. She took it all in. I think her favorite may have been the bull that started smoking––eyes glowing and tail wagging––whenever there was a home run, and there were six. She called him a donkey. And I fully enjoyed experiencing the experience with all my senses, and not behind the camera lens––for a change.

Not my photo of course. This is from the internet.

2 comments:

  1. Podso,
    thank you for commenting to me today. It helped me know that I can blog as I wish and I should not read so many opinions about how to do it.
    I know that I would be better off without my camera at times but it has become a part of me.
    I'm sure you know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget my camera all the time. I don't think visually is what I think I'm that way. You are a marvelous photo shooter!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...