Saturday, May 08, 2010

Happy Mother's Day



My mom is almost 89. There is such a feeling of comfort whenever I visit her. I don't take lightly the blessing it is to go to her house, feel at "home," and gain from her wisdom. A privilege I realize others do not have. What a treasure she is to all of us, and how I wish I could be half the woman she is. Soft spoken, rarely a complaint, serving us all her life without a murmur. When I think back on her life, she is a prize among women. Happy Mother's Day Mom!


Photo: Mother and Dad with their first baby, my older sister. 


Reposted from a year ago. See Chari's Happy to Design for more Sunday "re-runs."

10 comments:

  1. Very sweet post. Thanks for sharing.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always intrigued by the different sorts of lives God arranges for each of us, starting with our birth families. You had wonderful, loving beginnings it seems...what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and your mother have a day that will make even more sweet and loving memories for you both.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Podso
    You are lucky to have such warm memories of your mother and I hope you are able to share some special moments together for Mother's Day.
    Happy Mother's Day to you too!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again,
    You comment on my blog that you grew up in Illinois. Can I ask where? We are in Central Illinois.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:00 AM

    Love the photo - and the sweet thoughts you've shared. I hope that you and all the Mom's in your family have a very wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a loving tribute to your Mother, best wishes to you both on the special day.
    ~Maggie~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there sweet lady,

    My this is just such a precious Mother's day post and a loving tribute!

    What a dear lady your lovely elderly mother still is and always will be as long as you are so very privileged to have her!

    Please pop by for a visit
    sometime..,

    Hugs from Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Ms.P...

    What a lovely post and Mother's Day tribute to your dear mother! I totally agree, my friend...there just isn't any other feeling like going home to mama's!

    I hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Dotsie! So happy to see you again this Sunday for Sunday Favorites, my friend!

    Have a fabulous week!
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...