Saturday, May 22, 2010

he usually knows


The Gardener usually knows what's good for me better than I do. I balked a bit about going to the mountains for 2 1/2 days (he can do his writing and thinking much better in a place like that) ... for I say, "Whether you go for 2 days or 10 days, it's the same amount of work getting ready" (especially when you have to plan for meals.) I was tired, but he helped a lot as we made a simple and quick pack up.


My computer had crashed so we started the two-hour drive by a quick visit to drop off my laptop at the bustling Apple store. We knew the weather was not going to be good, but we like it any way it comes, so the fact that we had no mountain views didn't bother us too much.  Good friends from up north were down for a graduation so they stopped by the cabin we were using for five hours of non-stop talk and a frozen lasagna supper.

Then absolute quiet. No TV, radio, computer. While the Gardener worked, I read and napped and read and napped. It just doesn't happen this way at home.


We did go out exploring a little mountain town and stopped in a beautiful library (yes, we love to visit libraries.)


The view cleared up just in time for us to leave, naturally. And a beautiful drive home, refreshed, thanks to the Gardener.

9 comments:

  1. As Father Tim liked to say "you are closer to God in the mountains". That road looks like one I've traveled many times with the same sort of view. How I miss the curvy roads and mountains in these flat plains! Skyscrapers just don't suffice! Ah, the fog. I recognize that as well.

    Reading and napping--two of my favorite things to do!

    Best
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:56 PM

    Living life at a slower pace makes more time to do the things we enjoy most! :)
    Glad you enjoyed it!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Podso
    Hope your couple of days rest has left you refreshed.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty it is there! I long for a sweet retreat in the mountains or by a lake...Dreamin on!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wise man that Gardener.It sounds like a lovely time.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed that trip to the mountaintop and love the fog photo. Such a sweet post. I'm glad you're refreshed.
    regards to the wise gardener

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just hate it when they're right! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...