Tuesday, May 25, 2010

something to do today


"Let us examine our capacities and gifts, and then put them to the best use we may. As our own view of life is of necessity partial, I do not find that we can do better than to put [our gifts] absolutely in God's hand, and look to Him for the direction of our life energy. ...


[God] can make [our lives] useful, uplifting, heroic. God never wastes anything. God never forgets anything. God never loses anything. As long as we live, we have a work to do. We shall never be too old for it, nor too feeble. ... That we are alive today is proof positive that God has something for us to do today."    


Anna Lindsay, 1893


Photo by lulu.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, thank you! This has put a little oomph in my step this morning.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one beautiful photo. :) And your header as well, including the pink plate!

    Btw, some sweet friend to the east sent me the best (and only) card that I got yesterday...had the cutest button sticker on it.

    You're the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that he doesn't forget anything! And yet is forgiving!
    I know we are to be number our days too, which means that last sentence.
    I love to keep a conversation going during the day with my heavenly Father about what that particular day is to bring to His glory and what I am to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your picture and yes your quote!

    God never wastes anything. God never forgets anything. God never loses anything.

    :))))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the shadows and composition of this photo! Very pretty.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture- is it the back porch? I'd LOVE to sit out there and chat...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...