Saturday, May 01, 2010

it's back

We have had a cool spring with wonderfully dry air. Yesterday was a spectacular day and we took note as we heard the weather predictions. The other night I even went to bed with a sweatshirt, sox, and an extra blanket. Last night my hands hurt so much from cracks and dryness. I treated them before I went to sleep. In the middle of the night the change was apparent as humidity seeped into the house. What it does for the hands is amazing. I can feel the cracks on my hands healing as the day progresses. The air hangs heavy and rain is on it's way. Yep, the humidity is back and will probably be with us until the fall. But with that comes such sweet relief to my hands!

Photo: our "knockout" roses.

7 comments:

  1. That's one rose bush I definitely want. The red is so wonderful...just a tinge of pink to it (least the ones I see all about here).

    And they look so pretty against your fence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:42 PM

    Winter is playing tag with Spring here. Snow one day. Sunshine and warmer temps the next. At some point, Winter will slip quietly away...
    Love your knockout roses - beautiful.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great roses, I love them by the fence. You can have all of our humidity my friend. I hate it, we're supposed to be at 90 tomorrow with rain - ugh!

    Enjoy the weekend!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear I think I sounded too upbeat about this humidity. No, no I don't like it, just what it does for my hands. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you live down the street from me? It certainly sounds like our weather. I've done some planting today all the while hearing my mother's admonition to "don't put any tender plants in the ground before the middle of May".

    Lovely roses!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been making that soup since 1980. Unless we are having guests, I freeze half of it before I add the egg and cream.

    We do have wonderful roses here. Not even a bud yet but healthy foliage. Due to infants, no roses in California. Due to toddlers, no roses in Texas. We had great luck with roses in Charleston with all that humidity. Lest we sound like gypsies, those have all been career moves within the VA medical system for my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes, sunburn on fair skin! Not at the dunes but at Daytona on my first "grown up" trip with a friend. We drove all night (we weren't supposed to) and hit the beach as soon as we arrived, fell asleep and that was it for our sunbathing for the rest of the week!

    Thanks for the compliments on my photos. I must tell you that I am totally an "accidental photographer:.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...