Friday, February 26, 2010

Transparency

We occasionally have gatherings in our home to discuss various topics. Yesterday I saw a bumper sticker that could create a discussion that might go all kinds of directions.

"Opaque is the new transparency."

I smiled, thinking that this could be the most "opaque" of all vehicles with its bright red color, boxy shape, and darkened windows. And then my mind went to all kinds of things the quote could be referring to, including the complex world of the internet ... such as ... in a New Yorker cartoon (Peter Steiner, 7/5/93) two dogs were talking to each other. "On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog."

My phone photos are not the best, especially taken of one moving vehicle from another moving vehicle!

4 comments:

  1. If you are referring to politics these days the saying could be "behind closed doors is the new transparency"
    When is it going to warm up around here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that with all of the social media we are transparent too! It's all out there!

    It finally stopped snowing!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:28 PM

    OK, I'm confused, but I'll just blame it on this head cold I'm trying to get rid of. :)
    We've had a break in the snow - so it's time to shovel again.
    Stay warm!
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...