Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Please be gentle

I love little old bathrooms tucked inside nearly crumbling buildings, if they have character attached to them. This past weekend we were in the foothills, enjoying the beauty of a recent snowfall. We drove on up the mountain to a university town and there encountered a true snow storm and it was marvelously refreshing to walk with the wind and snow on our faces. When visiting this mountain town I always stop in a large three-story antique shop. It's wooden floors creak as we walk over them, taking me back to the old stores of my youth.

And at the very back of this large store is a tiny bathroom. I always make sure to stop in for a visit and this time was totally charmed by the view of falling snow outside the old window.


 I was glad there was no line waiting outside, as I took time inside taking pictures. There was a sign that said, "Please be gentle, I'm a 70 year-old bathroom." And it went on to say that the building originally was the first B*lk Department store in the area.

I'm connecting with Windows Views and Doors Too. Visit their blog if you'd like to see window and doors from around the world.

11 comments:

  1. I agree...totally charming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to see the beauty in the simpliest things! Love the red chipping wall too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely beauty amongst the wonder of
    snow and the old bathrooms!Love that wallpaper. I love that you look for glimpses of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your pictures are beautiful. How very charming it is. Blessings, TAmmy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat old bathroom. My photo of daffodils was from last year. I have a clump right at our back door that is ready to bloom. All we need is a few warm sunny days and they shouls open up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I`m a bit sick of snow, but it`s very nice here and charming yes:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:29 PM

    Pretty charming. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charming shots! I'm glad someone put the building to good (and appropriate) use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fascinating old window that seems to be laden with stories to tell! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seventy years is a long time for a bathroom! The peeling paint is charming and I like the old music scores. Cool!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...