Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Second Mile

"Has anyone made such music in life by merely passing through it?" (John Buchan) Amy Carmichael speaks of such a life: "'She doeth little kindnesses that most leave undone or despise.' I think there is a great deal in the words, 'that most leave undone.' Perhaps they think them too small to do. But is anything small that helps to make another happy? The Second Mile has been described as the 'loving little extra things that need not be done, but which Love loves to do just because it loves." 
                                                             Amy Carmichael in Thou Givest ... They Gather

7 comments:

  1. So sweet at pretty at the same time. Thanks, girlfriend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:22 AM

    Beautiful words and so very true. The little things are what make my day!
    Thank you for this wonderful post, and the yummy cookies. :) I hope you have a lovely day!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so very true...I completely agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Buchan and Amy. She read alot of his books that were published in her lifetime. Hard to find either today. LOVELY cookies. We must bake.

    AND something beautiful came in the mail today from you!

    Oh my.........!Thank You for your Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cookies...and thoughts too. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very true! I love to make people happy each and every day no matter how small the gesture. Sometimes even a genuine smile is more than enough. Those cookies look delightful. I must bake this weekend so I can use the beautiful crystal sugars I got from Dean & DeLuca. Have a blessed day! :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I recognized the book in yesterday's photo as Thou Givest...They Gather, and then you quote from it! A very good one.
    Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...