Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just Lunch


A couple of friends joined me for lunch the other day. Even the simplest lunch can be made festive by making the table pretty.

Decided to bring out some of my small pitchers (seen in sidebar) to hold the salad dressings. The red one is a Hall creamer.



Lunch at my house often includes soup. Of course. This time it was "snow day corn chowder," even though there was no snow.

The white plates are Good Will, the napkins homemade, and the soup bowls are Hall pottery. I developed a love for all things Hall when I visited a very cool antique shop in Lancaster, PA years ago. They had an entire area dedicated to Hall things. I remember a black and white checked flooring that created a sort of kitchen area in the store. That's when I began collecting the little Hall creamers, and bought for a song these little handled soup bowls that are great fun to use.

See Between Naps on the Porch to visit other tablescapes.

19 comments:

  1. If it's got transferware, I love it! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty table. Cute little creamers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:19 PM

    The reds and pink are so pretty and happy looking. Cute little pitchers. Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. I love it! I'll be looking for the Hall collections now when I go antiquing. I like the idea of using pitchers for dressings too and you have a nice collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful soup tureen, so pretty with the transferware...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dyin' here...such prettiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Simple, clean and fresh looking. A perfect lunch table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the pink transfer ware too. What lovely little things you have! Mmmm soup for lunch my fav.

    Thanks by the way for all your sweet comments. Meg has just stumbled into this career via the birth of her first baby. We never saw this coming in our Meg, she was not the artsy one. Who knew? Her mom sure missed it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty...love the transfer ware. Since you love Hall pottery you might want to check out Longaberger pottery...sometime back, Hall was one of the companies that made their pottery. I've used Longaberger pottery since 1994 and have had 1 piece break...dropped it on the driveway! It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful...love the transferware and my favorite color...RED.!! Such a welcoming table and menu.
    {{{sweetiepie hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! You have GREAT taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. pink is one of my favorite colors, I loved your table, it looked so dainty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful idea to serve different salad dressings in the pitchers. I will be borrowing that one! The table is lovely.
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your red and white toile china. I want to start collecting that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really pretty! I love the transferware.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a serious weakness for pitchers.... yours make me swoon! I love your tablescape!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty table setting! I love the pitchers. Your chowder is making me hungry. Have a great weekend! Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your table looks so pretty and I know from experience that it was a wonderful meal!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing your pretty pitcher collection. I love the color combinations you've used, and your pictures capture the setting perfectly.

    Have a great weekend!
    Bill

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...