Monday, May 12, 2008

Wear Your Apron





Today is National Wear Your Apron Day. Seems fitting right after Mother's Day ... can't many of us remember our moms in aprons? I love aprons and wearing them (partly because I'm so messy), and here are two of my favorite "everydays," hanging on the back of the laundry room door.  The blue and white toile was given me by  this little guy's mama, a former writing student of mine, and her mom––both my good friends. Those who know me know how much  I love toile––partly because it reminds me of my grandmother (and the wallpaper in her house.) Wear an apron today!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah was in a play in kindergarden and her teacher asked her to bring an apron. (She was Peter Rabbit's mother.) Her response, "I don't think she has one."

    Once when I had a house full of company, I loaded the dishwasher and then got out the dish drainer. Sarah said, "Mom, what's that?"

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...