Monday, May 19, 2008

The English Countryside


Today is a bright and glorious day. I worked the weekend so I'm home, and with the pollen about gone, the windows are open. The coolness of the air reminds me of an English morning. I'm reading a wonderful little "castle book" and it reminds me of walking through a copse in England a few years ago and seeing these marvelous bluebells. 

"'There'll be bluebells in there before long––you can see the shoots now.'  He stood staring into the wood for a minute. 'What is it about the English countryside––why is the beauty so much more than visual? Why does it touch one so?'" 

That's just how it is.

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith (you see here the impact of a neighbor's blog! I wonder if she noticed my light on late last night as I just couldn't put the book down!)

1 comment:

  1. One of my very favorite books...and we've rented the movie to watch again. It's just like the book, as well as I can remember.

    Enjoy! I envy you possibly reading it for the first time. :) Or have you read it before???

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...