Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Grrreat Dinner!


Spring cleaning has come to my pantry. I'm really poor at menu planning, so I shop to stock the pantry with general things that can be made into recipes. Stuff tends to gravitate to the back of the cupboards and rest there indefinitely. Occasionally I try to clean it out and such a time has come.

Digging deep. I pull out whatever is there. My goal is to put ingredients together and figure out a meal. I could think of it as sort of a game. So on this particular night, I pulled out cans of white beans, chopped tomatoes, and black beans. I sauteed onions and a sweet red pepper with garlic. Then I added the beans, tomatoes, and a can of chopped chicken breast. A good scent filled the kitchen.  I served it over brown rice seasoned with curry and onions. Spouse, unaware of the "Clean It Out Campaign" commented, "Great dinner!" I just wish I had added some spinach leaves for the color, if not for the nutritive value!

2 comments:

  1. The timer worked!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, if I had tried that, it would have been disastrous and tasted awful!=)=)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...