Monday, July 19, 2010

birthday beans

My friend Christiana has been gifted with the gift of giving. For one thing, the past three summers she has invited us to use her family's cottage in the south west corner of our state. We were there again last week and when we walked in the door I was "flabbergasted" at what was waiting for us.


Last winter she read on my blog that I like to create stews and soups and often throw in a can of beans. So she had this idea that she would give me a big basket of beans (and some soup) for my birthday. She was set on the Pr*gresso brand because I had mentioned I only used this more expensive brand because it was on sale. So Christiana, in her true fashion, was intent and being sure these beans were that brand. She even went to GW to find the perfect basket to place them in, then decorated it all with a big red bow.




Christiana's story about going to WM to find the beans is so funny; she really needs to start her own blog.  $250 later she left the massive store quite frustrated, not having found the beans she wanted. But she tells the story much better.

Looks like we'll be eating some beans in the coming months. Thanks my friend. And I love the basket!

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated(?) birthday! Gifts from friends that show they listen to and know our likes are truly special.

    I think you just came back from a trip that we'd like to make soon--back to VA, NC and SC. And, yes, I do know the restaurant. We used to like it for breakfast. Hope it's still good and filled with locals exchanging news.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift and a really fun story!
    NOw that's a true friend!
    Happy Birthday!!!!!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beans are delicious! Another thing we share.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...