Sunday, September 13, 2009

a simple change


Sometimes you just need a little change. Maybe no time for much, but just a little breeze of a change. I've wanted to add some kind of curtain at this door-less door frame going from our bedroom to the "anteroom" connecting to our bathroom. (It has a counter and a sink, and I call it either the "anteroom" or "the room I really don't need.")

I was so busy last week with a project I had very little time to devote to home, but I felt the need desperately. It somehow gives me a lift to do something little and quotidian. I found a slim tension rod when I was out at the store. I came home and searched through my grandmother's hope chest (at the end of the bed) and found some old lace. Then I went to my ribbon box and found an old ribbon that was both green and blue (the color of the two rooms that the curtain would divide.
I had mentioned the idea to the Gardener on and off and he wasn't impressed with the thought. But I did it anyway. That night I went to bed before him, hoping he wouldn't trip on it or something as he hadn't seen (or at least noticed it) yet. The next morning he admitted he liked it! Just a small change, bringing a smile!

For more wonderful metamorphases, see Between Naps on the Porch!

9 comments:

  1. I'll vote with the gardener, once he "got it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice feminine touch.
    i host a Goodwill party every Wednesday. stop by and join in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with the lace curtain. Really adds a nice touch to the entire room.

    Michelle@Spend-A-Buck

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love it. And until you mentioned the Gardener, I was concerned (only briefly) that he'd bump his head or something.

    Very girlie. I so approve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a great idea!
    hmmm........have to show the fairy girl upstairs!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very pretty...adds lots of charm. I once had an apartment with such an anteroom.

    Funny about our other halves...they don't like the idea of change, but most of the time when we go ahead anyway, they seem to like it okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:53 PM

    Dotsie you are so creative! I admire you...BLS

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so simple but so effective. I love no cost changes don't you?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...