Thursday, September 10, 2009

a little bit of blue heaven

Walking into the home of a blogging friend, who you've known only through her blog, is a bit like entering a TV set, or something that is very familiar. It's hard to describe the feeling. Rhondi, of Rose Colored Glasses (isn't interesting how we label ourselves "of such and such a blog" just like we would say "of such and such" a town?), and I live very near each other. She invited me over for tea, knowing I love afternoon tea, and love all things blue. I thought I had a lot of blue and white in my house ... well, she has much more, and has it all so tastefully arranged among other colors that you are not overcome by blue, but just delighted by it all. I loved looking around and seeing things I've seen over the years by reading her blog. That and her lovely quilts--which she designed and made herself--were just a feast for the eyes.



I've seen this blue and white tea set many times on her blog and even read the story about it. So it was a special treat that she used it for our tea!


And we hit it off right away ... lots of common interests, and even a common friend! It was a fun afternoon, and just proved a benefit of being in the blogging world--friendship. I felt like I'd known her a long time! Thanks, Rhondi!

5 comments:

  1. Good morning
    I had a wonderful time yesterday too. It felt weird seeing myself on your blog :)
    ((hugs)) Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blod through Rhondi's blog. How cute it is. How nice that you 2 met, and that she used a special tea set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't you just know you would like each other! I'm glad you met face-to-face. Nothing takes the place of that! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it strange (in a wonderful way) to see *in person* a friend from blogging? Some part of me thinks they're imaginary.

    But that's probably just me. :)

    So glad you had a good time (were you nervous??!?), and thanks for the great photos. Enjoyed Rhondi talking on her blog about putting away her Fallish things again, in favor of the blue/white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognized that beautiful tea set right away, from Rhondi's blog. And I see she even wears blue and white, and looks lovely in it too.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...