Wednesday, August 05, 2009

TWO

Two languages needed to be a grandmother? No one told me. But I've learned after spending some quality time with Little One that sign language is something I should learn. When I see her hands moving, I've come to realize it's not all random movement, but she's talking. She already knows a lot of words in English, but her vocabulary also includes some signing, which she has absorbed through watching what she will tell you is called "signing time." She hasn't watched it all that much either, but her little mind is a sponge! Sometimes she'll say the word and sign at the same time. After watching with her, my old brain processed a few words. So when we decided it was time for a bath, I didn't say the word, but stroked from my shoulders downward and she knew where we were headed. Bilingual at age one.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet baby. :)

    I'm liking your look in here too, as usual, esp. the pretty pink house on your sidebar.

    Have a wonderful day, friend of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! And true!
    Rene'
    PS Happy belated Birthday! It looks like you had a good one even if it was hard one?! I'm coming up on one of those myself in a year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia grace7:12 AM

    Amazing! What show is that she is watching..? Maybe God is giving her gifts for future ministry..Wow!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...