Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Joy in the Mundane

After a busy few weeks, a full day at home (well, until 3 pm) brought so much joy I was almost astounded. It was so refreshing to putter (quotidian kind of things). To be away from the computer (where both my jobs bring me far more than I'd like), to listen to music, to do simple household chores, change a few things around ... and delicious time to do these things. I even got a project done. And sang the rest of the day because of it.

I had to return my mother's old glass plates used at a party to a cupboard. Before I did so I decided to overhaul the entire cupboard. So surprising to find myself with an extra whole shelf to use.

Such a good feeling. I'm still smiling about it.

3 comments:

  1. Lydia grace8:07 AM

    I know the feeling...Organization is always pleasant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the joy of puttering...no schedules...no expectations...no obligations. So glad you're still singing!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally into this post. Just totally. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...