Saturday, August 08, 2009

Thousands of Words


Pictures, that is, are worth a thousand or more words. This is one of my all-time favorites pictures because there is so much to see in it. My sister took it in Italy, showing her artistic talent in yet another form (photography.) I love the sense of peace that I feel when looking at this. (Also love the color of the car.) Seeing clothes drying on a line always gives me a contented feeling. I think that it is afternoon. Errands are done, the laundry is drying, the stew is slowly simmering, and ... through the open door a soft breeze is blowing ... don't you feel a nap coming on? Maybe that's why all seems peacefully quiet right now. My guess is the cooker of meals is quite in shape from climbing those stairs with her daily groceries. And when children play, their voices ring in an echo throughout the courtyard, don't you think?

First published in August 2007; photo by lulu
For more "reruns," see Happy To Design.

8 comments:

  1. I am a people watcher and, like you, I like to imagine the stories that make up their lives. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...

    Ohhh...this is an interesting photo! Your sister has a good eye for subject matter in photography! For me, most of the intrique comes from knowing this is a home, a family in Italy! I have to tell you...my first thought or question was...how in the world did they get that little car up onto that sidewalk? Hehe! That curb is pretty steep for such a little car...wonder if they pick the front end up and pull it onto the sidewalk? Hmmm...interesting! Isn't that just the cutest little car you've ever seen? And I like the color too!!!

    What a great photo and post! Thank you so much for sharing it with us today for Sunday Favorites!

    Have a super Sunday, my friend!
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like that picture. One of my favorite pictures from our trip to Italy was of clothes drying on a line with the colorful houses in the background. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photo!!! I love the color of the car too!!!

    We are only limited by our imagination!!!

    Enjoy!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to be in shape there as I believe every direction is uphill. Lol.
    I know parking is nonexistent too or very expensive. I am surprised they didn't carry the little car all the way upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pic and it does stir the imagination.

    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely and evocative picture. You can come up with so many stories from this one shot... terrific! Cass

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great new blog headliner! I love it.
    AND of course, the cute bug in the driveway.........and I'm reading Under the Tuscan Sun so feel like part of my day is in Italy!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...