Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lost and Found



I just crossed "little bird" off my newest kind of list, called "LOST." We tend to like lists at our house, and my newest is a list of missing things. Somehow it feels therapeutic and helps my angst to jot down the current lost things on a list and "let them be." Some things go on and off often: glasses, keys, camera ... and of course, the Gardener always says, "Be patient, you know it will turn up."

When we were in the mountains I bought two little birds as a birthday gift for a friend. At least I thought it was two. (There's incredible self doubt that can arise when things go missing, by the way.) The birds were so cute I thought I'd put them here or there and enjoy them until the birthday arrived. So when I went to gather D's gift together I could only find one bird. I looked everywhere. I even asked my sister and DIL who had shopped with me, if they remembered me buying one bird or two. Finally I gave the gift to my friend, rather embarrassed, telling her to stay tuned, the second bird might fly in some day.

Today, 5 weeks post birthday, as we sat around our dinner table, my eyes focused on a little arrangement I had under a cloche. I gasped loudly and could not believe my eyes. I'm sure you can guess who was tucked into the foliage. D, watch for a flying bird.

For some beautiful collages see Little Red House.

14 comments:

  1. What a sweet cloche vignette with the little bird! I just love little birdies. I have a birds nest under my cloche. That is such a cute story of how you lost the bird and found it in the nick of time! That definately sounds like something I'd do. Just put him in the cloche to enjoy and for safe keeping. I'm glad you figured out where it was. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lose things all the time in my house...where do they go?! Think I'll start a list, too. Glad you found the missing birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog header photo - adorable! Such a sweet mosaic and story :)

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post...I'm so happy that someone else besides me does things like this!!! The cloche arrangement made a beautiful mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny, except I too have a lost list. BUT now I have lost the lost list. Ack!!! Great photo's and story. You made me laugh! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you found it! I should also make a list for me, and thanks for the friendly reminder. You have a beautiful header!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got a chuckle out of your story. Your mosaic is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHA You crack me up! Is "D" who I think it is?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep! That has happened to me before too.
    I love your header picture.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like something I would do. Cute story.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so funny :D That is a great story!

    I'm a supreme list maker myself - there is no greater satisfaction than completing the last item on a list, don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lydia grace7:42 PM

    What is a cloche?

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you *found* the little birdie...KWYM about *loosing* things though:)
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...