Monday, January 12, 2009

seeing double

I always look forward to visits from my mom's baby sisters and their spouses. When I was little we called them "Aunt Twinnies" and even though I can tell them apart, there still are those moments.... Today was one of them. Wandering around a tourist spot in our fair city I at times had to stop and think or remember what each was wearing to be sure I had them straight.

When they arrived at our house during our time of greeting, I noticed they were wearing almost identical 
scarves with similar outfits. " Did you plan this?" Of course I had to ask, while guessing the answer, which was "no." The scarves were free gifts obtained at separate times with purchases at the same store. 

"Look at this," they said next, thrusting forth their feet. Same exact argyle socks. Exactly the same. Bought unbeknown  to each other, and put on that morning with no idea the other twin even owned a pair.  Sharing the same genes, what can you expect?

We had a fun visit ... as always. They bring lots of energy and conversation. They are always interested in everything. That might be the secret to why they seem much younger than they actually are.

5 comments:

  1. That is so bizarre, them dressing alike and not intending it. But, that's what we hear...there's a connection even though we might be unaware.

    I think it's cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:23 PM

    That was so fun to read. Are they really twins, or just younger sisters to your mom? My mom was the youngest of 5 sisters and often when they get together though they all come from different states, they will have similar colors and styles on...not quite THIS similar, but definitely a sister thing. I pray for some neat connections between my 6 girls as they go into adulthood as well. I hope some of them will be "twinnies" too. Thanks for sharing that. It made me smile. Even thier mouths look the same in the scarf picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! You hear about things like that, but I've never really witnessed it myself. Glad you had a good visit with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:49 PM

    Another story for your book, Podso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:52 AM

    great accont of the mystery of twins thnking alike as well as looking alike

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...