Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chicken and the Sneeze that Didn't Happen

"Oh no! I'm gonna sneeze!" I was rushing across our living room floor with a pan nearly overflowing with hot chicken and red sauce. I chose this route as our dining room was filled with friends and this seemed the best path to the head of the table where The Gardener sat, ready to serve. Panic set in. A sneeze right now, no matter how controlled, would definitely spill at least some of the red sauce on our carpet, with a worst case scenario of everything splashed everywhere.  I, albeit a bit dramatically, let the guests know what was happening as they jumped up to prepare lots of room for the landing.

The sneeze never occurred; I guess I scared it away. The chicken dish landed fairly smoothly. "This could have been a post" someone commented. It has become a bit of a joke among friends who read my blog. We all are beginning to discern what might be something to blog about. It's not uncommon to hear, "I feel a blog coming!"

That's a small corner of culture that has developed into my life because of this thing called blogging.  I'm just thankful this particular post didn't develop any further than it did, and that our carpet did not end up needing to be cleaned. 

Photo: putting it all away

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...