Thursday, January 29, 2009

just in

A good friend in town loves to write letters. Receiving one is a gift. What would we have to write, you might ask, since we have blogs, email, and attend the same church and book club? She always has something gracious to say (and has a delightful habit of showing appreciation, in pen, for even the simplest thing), a quote to share, and a musing that is worth chewing on. Each one is worth reading more than once, and I save them all in a corner of my little office.  Her notes are charming both inside and out as the envelopes are often embellished with something to delight my fancy. Such as these blue and white dishes, decorating the envelope that arrived today. I have a tradition of brewing a cup of tea on the occurrence of such an arrival. Can you guess why?

1 comment:

  1. If you're talking about Bonnie, I'm totally in agreement with you. :) Her letters are certainly gifts in themselves.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...