Thursday, January 15, 2009

Breaking the Bank

Gentle Gardener wisely commented the other day, "You know, piggy banks used to be made so you couldn't get the money out (easily)."  That's the way it was supposed to be.  I remember. One had to actually  break the bank to get out the coins, unless you were really good at shaking it upside down while inserting a table knife. I remember being disappointed at the number of pennies, rather than larger coins, that fell out with that method. I'd hold it over my head and peek into the slot, seeing all those coins that would not fall out.

When our kids came along the banks had twister holes on the bottom, not always easy to open, but definitely more accessible than a piggy bank that actually had to be broken to get the cash out.  Now, as time marches on, I understand there are play atm machines where, with a toy plastic card, a child can get money out. Just like mommy or daddy. 

What's wrong with that picture?

... Photo: not mine, my piggy bank was broken long ago.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:49 AM

    Let's see...pants down to mentionables, tatoos clearly seen, piercing in places you don't want to think about, debt higher than your first downpayment on your first house, revelations along with photos about private matters for the world to read, driving while texting and smoking a cigarette or drinking enough sugar and artificial caffeine to float a ship, paying to have your extra change counted and turned to bills, etc.
    Keeping my heart and mind on Christ and my eyes to eternity!!S.W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it probably wouldn't be such a bad idea to get a true piggy bank that you'd actually have to break to get to your money. It would help me save money, that's for sure! Of course, I'd have to use cash from time to time, which I hardly to, but I could start!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post...I especially loved the one about watching basketball with your "chief"-reminds me,too, of days long ago...I do miss them so at times.
    Have a great day,
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...