Wednesday, January 21, 2009

all is bright

Stepping outside today with the full sun on shining snow is as bright as a day at the beach. Calling all sunglasses. Normally here in the south the snow usually melts by the end of the day so no digging out is needed.  This time our temperatures were low enough to keep some of the white stuff around. It's been a long time since I've seen so many icicles either. They are still glistening bright as they hang daintily like socks drying on a clothesline, just waiting for their chance to come crashing to the ground.

We used to grab those up and pretend they were ice pops (as well as eat snow) during my childhood Chicago winters.
 
Our December was so
warm here, the trees, 
 barely stripped of their fall leaves, have begun to bud. Craziness.

Because all is so glorious outside, I had to pull my laptop from my tiny windowless office and work here today.

2 comments:

  1. I love your word pictures of the icicles hanging like socks.

    I'd be sitting by the window too. It's all so pretty to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    The snowfall was fun wasn't it? Today the birds were trying to get water from the icicles!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...