Saturday, February 19, 2011

tea walking

I was searching out some photos for a project I'm working on and came across some pictures of a walk I'll never forget. I love to collect (in my mind) "top of the chart" memorable moments such as: special walks, particular places where I've taken a nap, special meals ... you get the idea.

Shady walks are the best and I was struck by the contrast of these two photos taken a few seconds apart a couple of years ago when we were in the beautiful highlands of Kenya. I started up on high ground over looking the tea fields (top photo), and then descended into them. The patch of shade along the walk as I went down the hill was so very lovely and such a contrast to the sunny spots. There's something gentle and peaceful about shade; everything looks prettier, and it's a grace when you come into it from the hot sun!

10 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Did you guys live in Kenya at one point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought I was looking at the red clay soil of Virginia! My neighbor was in the Peace Corps in Kenya. Her first career was as an RN. At 55 she joined the P.C.. Now, at 85, she is an artist.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. '....it's a grace when you come into it from the hot sun'
    What a lovely line to go with beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful shots. They do look peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both photos are beautiful, but there is something special about the first one...no, I have never been to Kenya or Africa...just something about that photo I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous trip that must have been!
    BTW - glad to hear that you like the Skype - I want a laptop and to download it for our Texans. I really miss them. This old thing would completely freeze or melt down if we downloaded it on here.

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Podso,
    Beautiful photography. You captured such serene settings! I, also, admire your new look with your blog background! Nice "shade" of green!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dotsie,

    Gorgeous photographs. I have lists of favorites too. When I have trouble sleeping, I think about things on those lists and I am soon asleep.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Dotsie! Those photographs are so striking! That path is beautiful whether in the sun or shade! And, the tea fields! Must be the farmer's daughter in me that catches my breath at the sight of such a beautiful field! I can see why this one would be in your "top" walks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Dotsie. Absolutely makes you want to walk there....on the path...in those shoes.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...