Thursday, October 21, 2010

ssssssssssss




A baby snake on our patio. Probably the rain brought him in. I believe my greatest tangible fear is snakes. Since the gardener is an ocean or two away, I felt I needed to face my fears and pick him (or her .. but from now on to be referred to as "him") up and toss him to the wind, a wind far from our house. But when I bravely stooped down and tried to get him on the stick, the little guy coiled, put his head up, tongue out, and showed his fangs while trying to strike (Of course he was scared). I was convinced he was a copper head (yes we have them here).

I just couldn't handle it. It was too "up close and personal." I took off for the inside of the house like a scared rabbit. Then I contemplated how worms and such can slide under our screen door. I could see this little guy doing the same thing ... and then growing up to a big guy in a corner behind the chair. So I did what any level headed, clear thinking individual hysterical female would do ... I taped up the screen door.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, can I identify....May a shovel to scoop him up and off or a neighbor.

    Take care.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to be laughing at your dilemma but, truly, I'm having a good hee-haw at your expense. I think it must be my psyche getting ready to revert back to some childhood silliness with my sisters. Don't sit with your back to the wall for the next few years and you should be o.k.!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took the garbage out about 11 one night, and when I moved the can, thee was a little snake too. He also coiled up, prepared to strike. I took a shovel and cut him in two. Mine was a pygmy rattler.

    I don't take the garbage out at night any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I'm sorry I am laughing at your expense, but it probably is something I would do myself! I call them blonde moments. Snakes aren't something I have to deal with, just the stuff of nightmares!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not laughing... I don't like snakes, it doesn't matter how small (or big) they are. I would have found a broom and swept him away, far away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ssssssssssscary! I totally would have also taped the door. Tape is good for so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can't help but laugh at your post. I had a snake in my front courtyard the other day too. It was black with yellow stripes. I walked out the door to go get my mail and we both saw each other but I actually think he freaked out more than me. I didn't think that was possible. I haven't gone out my front door since. LOL They are so creepy aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you all the way here. I saw a baby snake coming out between the brick house wall and the sidewalk and it freaked me out. We made a stone patio and I wonder how many more are lurking nearer to us than I would believe. Our son said he saw a big snake sunning itself 3 steps or so from the porch. Too close for comfort. We bought powder that you sprinkle around to deter snakes. Wouldn't you know I forget to sprinkle it! Taping the door bottom was a good idea...better safe than sorry they say.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That would scare the heck out of me as well and I'm sure I would have taped up the door and put a big heavy dresser in front of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...