Wednesday, August 25, 2010

mercy!

"It sounds like mercy to me." So said the Gardener when I returned home from a batch of errands and told him my story.

1. It was a bad time to go--late in the afternoon, but I got mostly green lights as I drove through rush hour traffic.

2. First store: got my bridal registry list and found what I wanted right away. The manager at the cash register, who previously I had not found friendly at all, was extra nice, finding a box for me and wrapping the items carefully. Even told me to come back with my receipt and more coupons to get a better discount.

3. Second store: a great parking place. Found what I needed quickly and a clerk actually came up to me and greeted me. She offered advice about what I was purchasing. When I checked out I happened to have exact change. :-)

4. Third and last store: Remembered everything on my mental list for a change, and noticed the very long lines with big orders. A checker caught my eye as she opened a lane, inviting me over, and I was out in a jif. While unloading the groceries into my car,  I noticed the guy gathering up the carts. I tried to hurry but felt a bit unorganized. He walked over to my car to get my cart. "I'm sorry I'm moving so slowly."

"That's OK, Ma'am, take your time." In the softest, kindest voice--a voice of a young man who probably won't be gathering up carts much longer.

 I did talk over my plans with my heavenly Father as I headed out to my errands and therefore took note of all the details of his undeserved mercy. Oh yes, and we've had a break from our suffocating summer. So pleasant outside--even a breeze!

11 comments:

  1. How lovely! It is wonderful when people take the time to be kind.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we all took the time to smile and offer a hand more days would be like this for many. I'm taking eldest to the shuttle and then I'll run errands. I hope I have just such a day as yours. And, I hope I remember to smile and offer a hand along the way.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great afternoon you had! People just being kind to one another...that's all it takes. I always remember to smile...well I don't have to always remember...I smile a lot ;-D

    It's nice to see people respond, even if they are having a bad day.

    Love this post!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love days where everything seems to fit perfectly into place. Have a wonderful Wednesday! :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:37 AM

    Sweet!

    We run errands once a week, and it takes us 4-5 hours to do it. I'm not in a hurry and I think people can "read me", because most of our shopping trips are like the one you just described. Pleasant!

    Wishing you a lovely day,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. I love days like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heavenly mercy indeed... and, I believe with all my heart He enjoys your appreciation of those tender mercies... =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Re your tart question: In this instance there's a lot of juice and the egg wash protects the crust from getting soggy. That said, I've done tarts with juicy fruits and haven't done the wash on the bottom. This particular recipe is so delicious as there is very little sugar and the fruit is the star!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. And that is how it goes!! Isn't His mercy wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When it all comes to together like that, it's a gift!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...