Saturday, August 21, 2010

36 and three more


*Thirty-six* years ago this week, Hurricane Dora had passed through our town delaying one bridesmaid. We were very young as we walked down the aisle later that day. Strangely, we don't feel much older today. Back then and still today, our marriage is built on the solid Rock of our Heavenly Father who in His amazingly creative way, believed the two of us together was a good idea. Out of that solid Rock has flowed a steadfast love and a life we would never have imagined, along with two wonderful boys and a host of family and friends.

There is nothing better to do today than recognize and be thankful for Who brought us together. 
And be thankful for each other, for together, as we collect life experiences, we grow closer and closer. What a treasure, never to be taken for granted!

*I wrote this in August 07, so we are now at 39 grace-filled years. We met my first year of college, so we've shared friends and experiences since we were both 18. When we hear an "oldie" on the radio, we just look at each other and know we're remembering the same stuff! 
A gift we're grateful for the older we get.

Connecting to Chari's Happy to Design  for Sunday reposts.

18 comments:

  1. So absolutely delighted for you two. Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I don't stop by and comment very often, but I always read your posts in my reader.

    Congratulations to you both. He is our Rock, isn't He. You have both been a blessing and a wonderful testimony of God's grace wherever you go.

    Don and I would have had 37 years this year. I didn't know you were older than I...just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, and wishing you many more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:53 PM

    I'm smiling! Happy Anniversary to you!!!
    :)
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary to both you and the sweet Gardener. A marriage such as yours (and mine!) is a treasure.

    Have a wonderful weekend, sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy day, week and continued loving life together!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.
    What a great heritage.
    You have an anniversary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! You are right....August is a great month for weddings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big Smile here, too. Congratulations on your anniversary and wishing you many more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Podso, are you and I joined at the hip or something????? First we had the HOUSE posts that had so many parallels, and now today, my rerun post is about our 35th anniversary!!!

    My, my, my!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:15 AM

    Congrats to you both. We are six years behind you but realize how quickly time flies. I am sure your hubby enjoyed reading this. What a great attitude you have.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your 39th!!!!
    I'm attempting to make a similar peach tart to the one you made Boniface! Just came on to take another look! Happy Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your 39th - we're heading towards 37 in October. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dotsie...

    My sweet friend, Happy...Happy 39th Anniversary! Wow...what a sweet milestone you and your honey have made it to! Ohhh my, you must have been a bit frazzled with a hurricane blowing the day you were married...eeeks! The Lord is so faithful to take care of us though! I am thoroughly convinced that the foundation to any good marriage...is the Lord!!! May the Lord continue to bless you both with many, many more happy years together!!!

    I soooo enjoyed this post today, Dotsie! Thank you so much for sharing it with us for Sunday Favorites this week!!!

    Have a super Sunday and again...Happy Anniversary!

    Love ya,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I think August is a good month for weddings -- I see a LOT of long-time anniversaries being celebrated this month, including ours ... 32 years!
    Isn't it lovely?
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful post:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful love story... here's to many, many fore wonderful years...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary! The similarities continue....the musician and I were also married in August, but a different date. And 13 fewer years!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...