Tuesday, April 20, 2010

pearls

"You (God) maintain 'my lot.' So it is as though a hand gathers up the minutes of [each] new day, before ever it begins, as one might gather up a handful of pearls ... and all that the day is going to mean is upheld from minute to minute." (Amy Carmichael) 

What a wonderful thought to think of each morning as I wake -- God is gathering up the pearls of my day, and holding them in His hand. I rather like the minutes of a day described as "pearls," rather than, for example, nails. It envisions a loveliness to the moments of our day, even if they may be tough like nails sometimes.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Podso, Love your nickname.... CUTE!!!!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you come back often. I am enjoying yours.

    Isn't it great to keep a positive attitude toward life? I love to think that God is gathering up the pearls of my day (beautiful picture)---rather than NAILS... Yipes!!!!

    Great post.....
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your sentiments. Pearls are precious, just like the minutes of our day. Maybe I'll just wear mine tomorrow as a reminder!!

    Hope you are doing well, Podso!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. And don't the pearls slip away?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thought. It makes me think how I use my time... I want to make sure I am not squandering these precious pearls.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that it is lovely to think about God gathering those pearls of our day!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quote by Amy.
    I'm sure glimmer more than others too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lydia grace6:31 PM

    What a beautiful post and thought..thanks, friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is so much comfort in those words...now I just need to remember them! THANK YOU so much for coming along beside me in my struggles...what a blessing...your words have been so comforting!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...