Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Girls



Little niece and her daddy were here this past weekend to take my mother back to their house for a visit. Kay was very excited to make this trip alone with her dad and packed her own little suitcase, carried it upstairs all by herself, and excitedly shared with me some of the treasures she tucked inside to show me.  Kay loves playing with my baby dolls (yes I have two now) and packing up clothes for them (I think she's a packer.) Kay also usually brings one or two purses along, containing interesting items.

Anyway, here is the story: While eating dinner on Sunday we talked about the deer we have seen in our yard and on our street, and a large possum as well.  K. sighed, "Why are there deer?"  Followed by, "Why are there possums?"

I turned to ask her why there are little girls, thinking I could then explain how God created all of us to bring Him glory. Her answer was as quick as a bullet to why there are girls: "For talking."

4 comments:

  1. I think Kay's correct! We are God's creations with the added gift of gab! Hope you have a lot of good things to talk about today.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So right. You know me, Dotsie...as the mother of 3 girls, I can sure attest to the chatter. As soon as they wake up.

    My goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Kay has the answers! Love the picture of her holding the doll. I've been computerless for a few weeks and am catching up on your postings. The Groundnut soup looks yummy, and I love the story about the strawberry pie. I also loved the book Same Kind of Different...Have a lovely week-Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...