Tuesday, April 06, 2010

bits and pieces



1. Spring has sprung forth in all it's glory here. After what I call a "northern" winter, it is especially welcome. But it seems to have come all at once with an extra dose of pollen. And may fade fast with our sudden 90-degree heat wave.

2. After being away from the house either at work or traveling for 14 days, it's amazing how I can enjoy being at home, even if it means cleaning, organizing, polishing, and puttering. Of course good weather helps too!

3. The Gardener had a freak mishap on one of our major expressways when his tire spontaneously began to shred while he was in the middle lane in a 65 mph zone. God's grace enabled him to limp through two lanes of traffic to the side of the road. There was damage underneath the car and therefore an unplanned huge expense. But this is one of those moments when I look at him and think, "I love you and I am so happy you are here with me."

Photo: St. Petersburg, Florida

6 comments:

  1. The bottom line is that I'm SO glad your sweetie is okay. Freak things startle me so. And your ending sentence sizes it up completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good news indeed (not the car expense, but you know what I mean)...
    Just stopping by to say hi and thank you for your recent visit and comment. Spring is looking very lovely over there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to get away, but like you, feel wonderful when I come home. I am really a Dorothy- "There's no place like home." Well, welcome home! I'll look forward to some fun posts from you!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear The Gardener was okay. I love your wonderful response.

    Spring looks charming in your part of the country. We are a bit behind here.

    Thanks for your thoughtful comments. It has been an interesting season. Thank God He is with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that your Gardener was unscathed.

    Thanks for the library update. Users do seem to come out of the woodwork when they are needed. It does distress me to hear about hours being shortened and programs being cut. I do understand the necessity of doing so but, when times are tough, people need more from their libraries than just books.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, it is depressing and dark to think of what's happening in so many libraries. I've been a user since I can remember. Libraries have provided me with so much at so many periods in my life. I have been a trustee for over twelve years and have consistently dealt with funding cuts and more recently, a governor (Indiana) who wants to consolidate and change one of the best library systems in the country. Our library parking lot is always filled as are the computers and programs. We just keep forging ahead and trying to find ways of providing a needy public with more.

    Yes, we had lots of rain yesterday. My "gardener" was off and mowed for the first time. It's still raining today and I just heard "wet snow" for tonight. We always "jump the gun" with our longing for spring. I'll have to take down my porch fern before nightfall.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...