Thursday, April 08, 2010

Drop-in


Two friends dropped off a book for our next book club. I invited them to come in for a cup of tea ... and they did!

That doesn't happen very much any more! Great fun to catch up on "the news," and admire their crocheting and knitting, while sipping some hot tea. I wish this happened more often. Most times people say, "No, can't; I've got to keep going ... so much to do." So when these two said "Yes" and hopped out of the car, I was filled with delight!

I had just been to the consignment shop and was washing some "new" toys.
And "sanitizing" some story books I got for 50 cents at the library sale.
Little One is visiting this weekend and we haven't seen her in a long time. I'm sure she has changed a lot. 
We're ready to have some fun.

5 comments:

  1. What a treat...serendipity! :)

    And will be interested to see what you think of the book.

    Hugs to you, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I marveled at the same thing.
    We could not have planned it because we don't live quite near each other.
    YOU are always gracious and I cherished the tea time~!!
    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:28 AM

    Nothing better than tea with loved ones!
    The toys and books are delightful - enjoy your time with sweet Little One!

    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the book "the same kind of different as me" I see you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love drop in guests because I don't have to mnake sure the house is clean :) No one drops in anymore. Seems everyone is too busy.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...