Sunday, April 24, 2011

spring on the farm

I've written before about my friend with a true gift of giving. A few years ago she called and 
asked if the Gardener and I would like to come hang out at her house for a day while they were away. She lives on an old farm out in the country. We took her up on the offer, had a pretty drive there, sat on her porch swing, soaked up the country air, napped on the couch, and simply had a marvelous, refreshing mini vacation. I could not resist taking photos, some of which you have seen on this blog before. I was just thrilled when she emailed me some photos she had taken 
this week of the same scenes I had taken a few years ago.
 A sort of update. 
If you look closely you will see the same mailboxes as those on my sidebar,
 only it looks as if they have had a sprucing up.
This old barn on her property is much loved, and as beautiful here in the spring as it was last fall.



8 comments:

  1. What a great way to spend your day!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice change of pace. The old barn is beautifully dressed for Spring. Thank you for sharing the lovely photo. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful refreshment. So happy for you two. :) Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful friend you have.
    You take the greatest photos.I loved looking at them .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful mosaic, it looks like a fun time on the farm. I love the truck sitting on the chair. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delightful! Lovely photos and I really like the mailboxes. Have a great day! Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Podso,
    Nothing like a day in the country to help one put "life" into prespective! These photos are gorgeous!
    Stopping by to thank you for your sweet comment and visit @ MacGregor's Garden!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so quaint and charming. Really takes you back in time. The mailboxes are great. I love all the beautiful flowers next to the rustic aspects of the place. And the little red truck is adorable. Any one of these photos could be a work of art.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...