Friday, June 04, 2010

doll babies


Little One is sitting in her great-grandma's lap and having a look at her doll (which I figure is at least 80 years old or older.) My guess is she is captivated by the real-looking eyes in the doll's china face. This doll has been in the doll hospital many years ago, and later my sister, the seamstress, sewed beautiful new clothes for her. We still think of them as pristinely new, but my guess is that the garments are 30 years old at least! Little One happens to be holding one of her dollies that she likes to sleep with, and it happens to be the one her great-grandma gave her.

Connecting to Cindy's My Romantic Home today.

5 comments:

  1. Passing on doll love! I love it. I made sure our boys had a doll when they were little (Cholly by Scholastic) because (and I'm still hoping here) they'd someday be fathers and needed a little tenderness instilled. Or, maybe it was just sharing my love of dolls. I have a few stashed away for.....

    I love Little One's "exploration" of her great-grandmother's doll.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving both the sweet doll and the precious baby!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:03 AM

    Little one is so wonderful! And such a sweet photo. Oh, how I wish I could hold my little grandaughter, but she lives far away. Enjoy these special times - they are precious!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, what a darling photo that is! I loved dolls when I was little:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the sweetest. The doll with grandma's necklace and little one's dress matches grandma and the look. all of it. Precious.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...