Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Not my plans but ...


"What you need to do is to put your will over completely into the hands of your Lord, surrendering to Him the entire control of it. Say, "Yes, Lord, yes!" to everything and trust Him to work in you to will, as to your whole wishes and affections into conformity with His own sweet, and lovable, and most lovely will. It is wonderful what miracles God works in wills that are utterly surrendered to Him. He turns hard things into easy, and bitter things into sweet. It is not that He puts easy things in the place of the hard, but He actually changes the hard thing into an easy one."

~Hannah Whitall Smith

Photo: What's at the top of the stairs? We never know what a day holds, do we? Just hold life with an open hand.

5 comments:

  1. I tell my kids that timing is everything. As to your post, the same holds true there as well. I needed to hear this, holding onto things is my favorite past-time, it seems.

    Btw, also LOVE your photo, background as well. So very pretty! Plus the green on the background appeals to me. I so adore green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, now that is what I needed to hear (read) today! I've probably read it but today it seemed very real and fresh! THANKS!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for those words. I've read Hannah Whitall Smith and really enjoyed her.
    I like your new blog look too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a lurker, but I have to thank you for this post. It is timely for me today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lydia grace7:49 AM

    Perfectly said...thanks for posting this...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...