Saturday, December 05, 2009

Look Down From the Top


This is a spendid word for a busy day
with its crush of work of all sorts. If we get
caught in the crush and pushed down, so to
speak, the next thing we know is that we are grovelling in the dust.

Things are on top of us, we are not on top of anything.
SO the words come "Look from the top"
Come with Me from all that, come up the mountain with Me,
look from everything UP to the Lord Jesus, Who is our Peace,
our Victory and our JOY, for we are where we look ...


from Amy Carmichael in Edges of His Ways re. Song of Songs 4:8
reposted from two years ago this month
photo by lulu


For more Sunday reposts see Happy to Design.

3 comments:

  1. Cute picture and a good reminder.
    Thank you for your kind words on my blog.
    Have a good weekend,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That entry in Edges of His Ways
    gave me hope and still does.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms.P...

    Wonderful post, my friend!!! Thank you for sharing it with all of us for Sunday Favorites today!

    I think the last line sums it all up..."for we ARE where we look"! I'm very thankful today that I can say that I know where and to whom...that I look! Jesus is my rock, my refuge!!!

    Warmest wishes and Christmas Blessings to you and your family, my friend!

    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...