Tuesday, December 22, 2009

around the house


The presents are wrapped, the stocking (one, that is) is hung, a few cookies (not many this year) are made, parties have been had, and now we settle in to enjoy a week of Christmas. We will have a relatively quiet celebration this year, and look forward to that, especially as the Gardener is still suffering from an apparently bad case of shingles. I love to do quiet little things this week ... certain small traditions and little chores I especially enjoy when there's not a lot of pressure to do them. I like the time to think and remember happy times, pleasant memories, old friends ... it's a wonderful time of year. And I hope to read a book!

8 comments:

  1. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely week. I love nothing better than to just be at home and putter around. I hope the gardener gets rid of his shingles soon.
    Merry Christmas,
    Rhondi xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfectly wonderful Christmas. I know what you mean about the little traditions and the quiet. That's what we're going for this year as well. Blessings to both you and the Gardener. Thanks for the beginnings of friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and I, too hope the gardener feels better soon.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!


    Enjoy!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry CHRISTmas to you and your Gardener...may we wonder at the *manger*.
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:27 AM

    It's quiet here too. A wonderful time to reflect and appreciate each day.
    Happy Holidays,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...