Thursday, December 17, 2009

not just a coincidence


Yesterday I headed off to my little part of our big city in search of a few more small things for "Little One." I knew exactly what I was looking for, but wondered if I'd find them. I wanted to find a little tiny purse just her size since she seems to like such things. Finally at the bottom of a huge outdoor barrel of cheapo quilted purses I found just the thing, with a damaged part I didn't need, so I got it for a song. Perfect! Next to find the stringing wood beads to make a little necklace to go in the purse. I laugh at myself now to think I went into that marvelous red circle French store that starts and ends with a "T," give or take the French accent. There were salespeople in the toy aisles actually helping folks with their searches. Of course I didn't find what I wanted. In fact, these youthful clerks hadn't even heard of such a thing! (What they missed in their childhood, though maybe they just don't remember.)


On the way to the P.O. I got the notion, or better, "Someone" instilled in me the idea to stop in a children's consignment shop. On a shelf, right before my eyes, was a full container of the very wood beads I was searching for ... in perfect shape. (I hope Little One isn't reading this post.) Several other things went together extra smoothly that morning, including a string of green lights (that is, traffic lights that weren't red.) It all certainly made me very thankful. Doesn't it say somewhere in the Bible that "before you ask I will answer?" I hadn't exactly asked for help with the beads, but I sure got it!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, going to that French store myself today (but wondering ahead of time if I'd be better off going somewhere else too). Must pray beforehand.

    Your find is wonderful. God is so good, and I love it when He guides us in the simple things.

    Btw, hope your sweetie has a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had stringing blocks ( and sewing cards) when our kids were little too! Love toys that allow for some creativity and fine motor skills!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...