Tuesday, December 08, 2009

bad news and good news


Seems like bad news is magnified in size during the Christmas holidays. "And to think, at Christmas ..." we "tsk-tsk" when referring to something sad marring our pleasure in the season. I'm seeing a lot of hard things around: "untimely" deaths (untimely in our eyes at least),  grave illnesses, difficult diagnoses, ongoing and new unemployments, deployments ... situations we'd rather not see right now when everything is supposed to be twinkly lights and presents under the tree.

But it's Christmas that makes it all bearable, truly it is. Because of the baby born so long ago, we don't go through these times alone, nor do we have to question God's faithfulness to us and our loved ones. Sometimes it takes guts to push forward in faith about the trials, but the faith is there for us, with the strength to believe. So thankful, I am, that I have a heavenly Father there for me in the good and the bad. And that's the good news that trumps all else.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ms.P...

    Wonderful post, my friend! I totally agree and I'm so thankful that we have a way through the difficult times...Jesus being the WAY, the truth and the life!!! So many are suffering hardships these days...my heart and prayers truly go out to them! This will be a difficult Christmas for us...my husband lost his dad last Christmas...he passed away on the 27th. I am so thankful that he knew the Lord and that our separation is only temporary!

    Thank you for your wonderful message...there is so much to be thankful for even in the midst of difficult times!

    Warmest wishes and Christmas Blessings to you and your family, my friend!

    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Keep the faith!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is good news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I changed the sign at church yesterday to this:

    Keep looking up....God is looking down

    We must never forget that!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...