Monday, December 28, 2009

cycles

My sister commented that four grandchildren ages five and under made for a lively Christmas dinner. It doesn't seem that long ago that our kids were that age and we wondered if we'd ever have another peaceful meal. We did for what seems like a short bit, and now ....  happily we are washing little hands, wiping noses, and cutting up bits of food.



Time seems to pass more quickly as we grow older. It seems like just yesterday our children were gazing at our little manger scene figures that we bought for $10 to take with us for our Christmases in Africa. (We've never found any we like any better, and now how sweet to hear Little One learn to say "Baby Jesus.")







I thought about the cycles of life when I realized Little One was using her daddy's baby cutlery. Wasn't it also just yesterday a little blonde boy was learning to eat with that fork and spoon?


I don't say much about it. It's a mother thing you notice and just tuck quietly in your heart. But I know some of my blogging friends understand. :-)

6 comments:

  1. Such sweetness...and I love that dishtowel tucked around her pretty neck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come to your blog after you left a comment on mine. What a beautiful blog you have! I am just wondering if I know you in "real" life?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK! I get it. You've changed a bit since your profile picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you...can't wait for little ones to be at our Christmas' too!

    But for now I'm thankful for our grown sons!

    Happy New Year!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...